WEEK 38 REVIEW: Round-up of all the EAL cup football action from the weekend

WEEK 38 REVIEW: Round-up of all the EAL cup football action from the weekend

For our latest news and updates, please enter your email address


The first ever Fenton Trophy Final took place last Monday evening which saw Fairlop Rovers and Old Esthameians in action at Leyton Orient. Rovers came out of the blocks the quickest as Harry Oliver headed over the keeper but E’s got back on terms with Les Moyo’s acrobatic effort making it 1-1. Oliver gave his side the lead in the second half from the spot before Jack Kibblewhite’s sensational rabona effort completed a 3-1 winning scoreline for Fairlop Rovers as they lifted the trophy.


Thursday evening saw the Division One Cup reach it’s conclusion with Belfry and Wanstead in action down at Dagenham & Redbridge. Belfry started the stronger of the sides but it took until the thirty-fifth minute to break the deadlock as Gabriel Ogunwomoju stroked in. But Wanstead fired back straight away with Zoltan Balogh’s goal levelling up by the break. But Belfry started the second half strong and Kieran James put them ahead again before Gabriel Ogunwomoju’s second and further efforts from Dylan Bradford and Sam Paterson extended the lead and saw Belfry lift the cup in a 5-1 scoreline.


The Saturday afternoon cup final action came from Dagenham & Redbridge also where Rainham Working Mens Club and Unitey battled for the Division Two Cup in front of their fans. Unitey’s Ahmed Dousa struck against the run of play after 20 minutes, before doubling that advantage with a great solo effort a few minutes later to give his side a 2-0 half time lead. Rainham halved the deficit on the hour as Nathan Wilson headed in, shortly before Cameron Shakes got his side back on terms at 2-2 with a terrific bit of footwork on the edge of the box. With no further goal action, a shootout was required and Ngoy was the hero between the sticks as Unitey won 3-2 to lift their first ever silverware as a club!


The line-up for next week’s season closing Senior Division Cup Final was confirmed on Wednesday night as DTFC confirmed their second final appearance, coming from a goal down in the first minute against Woodford East to win 3-1 at Mayesbrook Park. Ben Smith scored East’s opener but two Izaih Antoine efforts plus a Jacob Melford goal sent Cove’s men to Orient once again.

Joining them in the final will be Lymore Gardens who themselves had to come from behind to an FC Petrocub goal at Noak Hill to secure their place with a 4-1 success. Andre Rashford has been in great form this season and he scored twice more, adding to goals from Benjamin Sumaili and Dylan Roberts as Lymore returned to a cup final for the first time in a few years.

Other News Articles

Return to news list