WEEK 31 REVIEW: Ryan Reserves confirmed as Division 2 champions

WEEK 31 REVIEW: Ryan Reserves confirmed as Division 2 champions

For our latest news and updates, please enter your email address

Congratulations go this week to Ryan Reserves who were confirmed as our Division Two Champions this season with results going their way over Easter to confirm top spot. Richard Williams’ egg-static side have been in a cracking battle with runners-up Colebrook Royals Reserves with both sides dominating the top of the table from the outset. We congratulate all involved with both sides on their achievements.


Melbourne Sports will be left to wait a little longer to confirm their Premier Division status as they went down 4-1 at home to Blue Marlin in Hainault at the weekend. A quartet of strikes from the prolific Charlie Georgiou proved the difference between the sides as his Blue Marlin side secured at least a sixth placed finish with one game to go.

The Premier Division title could be secured next weekend as the top two meet in West Ham with Jolof Sports Club needing just a point against Old Esthameians to be crowned champions. A victory for the visitors would take them top instead and leave Jolof needing to beat Chingford Athletic the following weekend to take the title.


In Division One, Singh Sabha Barking completed their season with a trip to West Ham to face Kitgum Boys. With relegation already confirmed for the visitors, the pressure was off of the game and a terrific 3-2 win for Barking showed what could have been this season. With games in hand, Kitgum retain aspirations of moving up the table with four games to play.


The sole game in Division Two saw a re-run of the recent semi-final between Colebrook Royals Reserves and Lymore Gardens where a cup shock saw the latter take a place in the final. This league game between sides proved equally high-quality with a seven-goal thriller falling the way of Lymore Gardens once again.  Robbie Carter netted a hat-trick for the Royals but two goals from Ryan O’Carroll and strikes from Michael Konis and Teriq Roberts-Wright handed the points to the cup finalists in a 4-3 win.


The battle for the title in Division Three took a potentially decisive turn on Saturday as Custom House travelled to Kitroom in Hainault knowing that only a win would realistically keep their title aspirations going. The hosts didn’t follow the script however as James Blake gave them a first half lead with a finish from the edge of the box. It took a late, late equaliser in the second half from the Dockers’ Mabz Rahman to secure a 1-1 draw and a point that retains them an outside chance of chasing down Wapping for the title next weekend.

With Wapping facing Custom House next Saturday, a win or draw for Wapping will be enough to secure the title in their maiden season. However, a Dockers victory by four or more goals will take the title down to a committee decision over a recently unplayed Wapping fixture in late-season drama.

Other News Articles

Return to news list