WEEK 39 REVIEW: Round-up of all the final EAL cup football action of the season

WEEK 39 REVIEW: Round-up of all the final EAL cup football action of the season

For our latest news and updates, please enter your email address


Last Monday evening saw the Fenton Cup competition reach it's climax as DT FC and Rapid Chingford went to battle at Leyton Orient in front of a vocal crowd. Both sides had their half chances with Rapid having one chalked off for offside and Antoine having the best chance for DT. But a penalty just after the half hour for a shove in the box gave Rapid the chance to lead and Boga made no mistake as he slotted away for a 1-0 half-time lead. The second half saw DT push hard to create an equaliser with Chris Smith the closest they came with a dipping volley however Rapid held firm and the final whistle went to signify their first silverware as a club. Congratulations to them!


The Tuesday night action also came from Leyton Orient where Wapping took on London Park CIty for the right to lift the Premier Division Cup. Wapping began much the better of the sides with Mills-Smith and Ali both going close in the opening quarter. But it was London Park who got themselves into a lead against the run of play, benefitting from a trip in the box as Fadil Mohammed's penalty gave them a 1-0 lead at the break. Wapping didn't need to wait long in the second half to get their leveller as Mohammed Syed Ahmed headed in from a set piece to bring the sides on terms. Both sides then missed chances to win it as the game finished level at 1-1 to go to another shootout. And it was Wapping who held their nerve, winning it 8-7 on spot-kicks to take home the trophy!


The Division Three Cup Final was next up on Thursday evening last week as the division's first and second placed sides, FC Baresi Under 23s and Old Barkabbeyans Reserves faced each other at Dagenham & Redbridge. An enthralling first half saw both sides create and waste great chances in an open game. But on the stroke of half-time Daniel Adutwum scored for Baresi to hand them a lead at the break. It took just five minutes of the second half for Old Barks to get back on terms as Michael Ryder stroked in from the spot having been awarded a penalty. With neither side able to fashion a winner, it took a penalty shootout to seperate the teams and it was FC Baresi who won 4-3 to confirm a league and cup double!


The last football action of the season took place on Monday evening with the Senior Division Cup Final between DT FC and Lymore Gardens down at the Orient as both sides looked for a good ending to their seasons. After the disappointment of last week, DT were out of the blocks quickly and Billy Golledge's great strike from the edge of the box early on gave them a lead before he doubled that with a terrific header towards the back end of the half. That lead was added to on the hour as Ashley Campbell rose tallest to head home. But Lymore didn't give up and got back in the game with a Ben Sumaili goal inside the last fifteen minutes before Andre Rashford's penalty made it 3-2. But time ran out and it was DT FC who lifted the trophy to confirm their own league and cup double this term!

Other News Articles

Return to news list