WEEK 32 REVIEW: Kitgum Boys book place in Division One Cup final

WEEK 32 REVIEW: Kitgum Boys book place in Division One Cup final

For our latest news and updates, please enter your email address

Our last finalists were confirmed on Saturday as Kitgum Boys secured a 2-1 win over West Essex Reserves and, subsequently, a place in the Division One Cup final on Thursday 5th May at Dagenham & Redbridge FC. Goals from Boris Backer and Mustafa Lubwama were just enough to edge past their opponents and confirm a place in the final where they will now face Grove United in a mouth-watering final.

In the Premier Division, Chingford Athletic were hoping to continue their fine recent form and go top of the table. However, they hadn’t banked on such a great performance from a Blue Marlin who have been in the upper echelons of the division all season and have now gone top after deposing the new county champions by three goals to two. Two goals from Zak Mansour and a single from Ahmed Ouahchia saw Blue Marlin to victory and gave them great hope for a strong campaign come the start of the new season. That result now sets up what is likely to be a title decider next Saturday as long time leaders, Jolof Sports Club, travel to Chingford Athletic. A win for either side would put them well and truly in the box seat for the title with just a couple of games to go. In the other Premier Division fixture, a brace apiece from Wayne Matthews and John Schubert plus a single goal from James Baxter carried Melbourne Sports to a 5-1 win over Buckhurst Hill Under 21s. That win for the Mels sees them to a probable finish of seventh place in the division.

Division One continues to head towards a league title showdown on 7th May as both title challengers won once again to continue the battle. Three Colts were 6-1 winners at home to Forest Green as David Watson’s hat-trick led them to victory alongside goals from Callum Kennedy, Tom Jakob and Jack Luck. Also victorious were leaders Grove United who came through their fixture against fourth placed St Johns Deaf with a 3-1 win. Harry Chalk netted a pair along with a Billy Rungay goal. St Johns will have a big say in the destination of the title as they now face Three Colts next weekend. Defeat for Colts will mean they need to overturn a massive goal difference in the title decider so need a point at least next week to give themselves a realistic shot at title glory.

Custom House warmed up for their upcoming cup final with a 4-2 win over St Francis Reserves in the final game in Division Two this season. Jamie Wooster clearly wants a starting berth in the final after netting a hat-trick adding to a George Smith strike.

Other News Articles

Return to news list