WEEK 24 REVIEW: Singh Sabha Barking finish top of table but must now wait agonisingly

WEEK 24 REVIEW: Singh Sabha Barking finish top of table but must now wait agonisingly

For our latest news and updates, please enter your email address

The Division Two title race is now set up for the most exciting finale possible as four teams now battle it out to lift the crown which will surely go to the game of the season. Singh Sabha Barking have done as much as they can by winning their last game of the season 4-1 over St Francis Reserves to open up a five point lead. Jordan Hamilton netted a brace with Rajan Sangha and Gurpreet Virdee completing the scoring. London APSA remain in contention following a 3-1 home win over Chingford Athletic Reserves with Sean Clarke netting the visitor’s consolation goal. Custom House's recent improvement in form saw no end as they won 2-1 in the local derby away at Newham Royals despite a Robert Adams strike for the home side. The focus now turns to the three sides that can surpass Singh Sabha’s points tally in the shape of London APSA, Inter Plaistow and Northend, each needing to win their final two games with the latter also needing results to go their way and big swing in goal difference.

In the Premier Division, Chingford Town’s hopes of avoiding relegation took a massive step on Saturday as they hosted May & Baker EC A and came away with the points in a 3-2 win. Kevin Brazier and Carl Patten netted for Baker but is wasn’t quite enough as Tashon Townsend, Ryan Folan and Ben Bradbury scored for Town to secure the points that took them off the bottom of the table. Buckhurst Hill Under 21s secured a point in a 1-1 draw with Rainham Working Mens Club as Jordan Chambers netted for Hill to cancel out a Connor Kain goal for Rainham and stay eighth in the table.

West Essex Reserves are making a habit of pulling out results against the big guns in Division One and they did it again this weekend to virtually end the title hopes of Kitgum Boys in a 2-0 win. A goal apiece from Jack Carver and Lloyd Renvoize were enough to secure the points and move West Essex up to fourth position although with games in hand for St Johns Deaf immediately beneath them. Grove United’s chase for the title sees no end so far with an 8-1 win over Glendale courtesy of an Ian Herbert hat-trick, brace from Harry Chalk and further strikes from Michael Adams, John Hughes and Billy Rongay to cancel out Ricky Hall’s strike for the Dales. Flyers moved off the bottom of the table with a 4-0 home win over Cowley Community while Stephen Claxton, Sean Watson, Nils Haywood and Jamie Howe all finding the back of net. Edwin Jabbari was a hat-trick hero for Chingford Harriers as he scored all of his side's goals to confirm a 3-0 home win against Forest Green to move to seventh in the table.

In the Fenton Cup quarter-final clash that took place on Saturday, an intriguing tie brought together current holders and league champions Chingford Athletic against a side fighting to join the top flight next season in the shape of Three Colts. The holders were ahead early however and maintained a firm grip on the game to run out 3-0 winners as Lee Doyle netted a brace to go along with a Gary Murray strike to book a home semi-final against May & Baker EC A.

And finally, St Johns Deaf did what Arsenal were unable to this weekend which was to beat Manchester United as they travelled up north and came away 3-1 winners courtesy of goals from Oliver Manoochehri, Huseyin Er and Rowan Dixon to confirm a place in the English Deaf Football National Cup semi-final where they will face Charlton Athletic at home.

Other News Articles

Return to news list