WEEK 2 REVIEW: Round-up of all the EAL football action from the past week

WEEK 2 REVIEW: Round-up of all the EAL football action from the past week

For our latest news and updates, please enter your email address

The action from Week 2 of the season began in midweek with four games, beginning on Tuesday evening where Woodford East opened their points account for the season to defeat Chingford Athletic in a 2-0 scoreline. A goal apiece from Callum Maltese and Luke Dimond for the Peacocks proved enough on the night to get them off the mark.

On Wednesday evening, it was the turn of some others with FC Baresi’s second home game of the season seeing the visit of Frenford Reserves. And it was the hosts, Baresi, who shot out of the blocks with Marvin Hamilton and Yannick Kamanan both scoring twice early on to lead by four at the break before a Deniz Alici strike made it five, Wisley Baltazar netting the Frenford consolation in a 5-1 scoreline.

Another side in good form in the early throws of the campaign are FC Petrocub who were action in the Noak Hill derby on Wednesday, up against co-tenants Kit Out London. After a narrow victory on the opening day, this was slightly more emphatic for the London champions, winning 5-0 with two goals from Nicolai Cotruta plus one each from Liviu Nistreanu, Ion Spinu and Vasile Spinu.

Completing the Wednesday night action, another derby saw Sporting Hackney take on Walthamstow Reserves on the back of varying success on the opening day. It was Stow who took the Wadham Lodge honours on the night, winning 4-1 through two goals from Issa Sidibe, plus one each from Callum Malcolm and Ezra Agyiri. Sandro Pereira netted the Parrots goal in reply.

There were two games on Friday night, beginning at Mayesbrook Park where Woodford East were up against promoted Priory Park Rangers. And it was the visitors who took a 2-0 lead in the game and looked to be making up for their opening day defeat. But Woodford fought back and goals from Luke Dimond, Callum Maltese and Timothy Monsheju turned the tide to hand them a 3-2 victory.

Up at Coles Park, two more unbeaten sides went head-to-head with FC Petrocub taking on Haringey Borough Under 23s. With little between the sides in an entertaining contest, it looked like Jamal Obeng’s Borough goal had won it late on as he fired home but Petrocub hadn’t given up and Ion Spinu pulled them level in the last ten minutes, before firing a winner late on to complete the comeback in a 2-1 win.

On Saturday, Chadwell Heath Spartans ensured they remained a part of the one hundred percent club, racking up a second league success with a hard fought 2-1 win in Beckton against CSM London. Lewis Grantham opened his goals account for the hosts but two Peter Adeleye efforts were the difference to take his side to the win.

Rapid Chingford’s can be impressed with their own start and followed up last weekend’s win by taking out one of the fancied sides at the top, beating FC Baresi 3-0 at Lakeside to end their impressive start. Cristian Cazacu, Ionut Labunt and Alexandru Vasile all scored for the hosts to make it two wins from two so far.

After a couple of difficult opening fixtures, it was finally that winning feeling for Kit Out London who, despite conceding thirteen so far in two games, recorded both a cleansheet and a 3-0 success in their game against Sporting Hackney. Rio Mudhar-Hedley was the hero, scoring a neat hat-trick for his side and earning them an important first points haul.

Over in Dagenham, it was a battle of two “pointless” sides in the league so far with Bakers693 attempting to get their season kickstarted with a home game against Frenford Reserves. After two opening defeats, it was third time lucky for Frenford as the Ilford visitors put four past Bakers without reply to win it 4-0. Wisley Baltazar was again on the scoresheet, netting a hat-trick, Kishawn James’ goal completing the action.

Over at Wadham Lodge, Walthamstow Reserves ended the week in strong fashion with a second win in three games, defeating Chingford Athletic comprehensively in their local derby game, winning 7-1. Bilel Benyoucef scored Chingford’s sole goal as they seek to reverse their fortunes after three opening defeats in the league.

Other News Articles

Return to news list