WEEK 13 REVIEW: Round-up of Saturday's league and cup action

WEEK 13 REVIEW: Round-up of Saturday's league and cup action

For our latest news and updates, please enter your email address


The Premier Division’s high-flyers, Jolof Sports Club, are the latest side to book their place in the Fenton Cup quarter finals following a narrow 3-2 win on Saturday over Division One’s Singh Sabha Barking. That result takes Jolof through to an away quarter final where they will take on London Falcons.


Chingford Athletic extended their lead in the Premier Division this weekend with a comfortable 4-0 win at Lopes Tavares London. Charlie Heatley was again the man in-form with a hat-trick adding to Michael Hay’s goal to secure a resounding victory.

United London cemented their claims as title rivals with a 4-2 win over Rainham Working Mens Club. Rainham goals from Scott Meyers and Lucas Adeyefa proved not quite enough as United goals from Jermeel Jno-Baptiste, Emmanuel Wazola, Aboubakar Kone and Kieran Dilworth carried them to an important victory that maintains their charge.

London Falcons provided one of the surprise results of the day as they narrowly defeated Blue Marlin 3-2 on away territory to stay seventh in the table. The victory by the odd goal in five, assisted by Daniel Vearer’s brace and a Chris Wright strike, sees the Falcons stay in touch with the sides just above them.

Securing a hugely important win on Saturday were LOASS who travelled to Hainault to take on Melbourne Sports and came away 3-1 winners to move above their opponents into eighth position. John Shubert was the Mels goalscorer but it was the visitors who ultimately took home the points on the day.


Three Colts returned to winning ways this weekend and to within two points of the leaders with a 3-1 win at Ferns Seniors on Saturday. David Watson netted himself a brace adding to Thomas Jakob’s goal to cancel out a Ferns goal for Lee Niven.

A single goal from Ken Wampamba was just enough to edge a tight encounter between Sporting Hackney Reserves and Kitgum Boys as the latter ran out 1-0 winners. That victory keeps the visitors in third place in the table and still within reach of the two leading sides in the division.

Moving up to fourth in the table this Saturday were Cowley Community who extended their recent form with a 5-3 win over St Francis in the Wanstead derby. Doubles from each of Rodney Capemba and Izunna Ogedi-Uzokwe plus a Lekam Bakare goal were enough to see their side to an important win.

Another side who moved up the table at the weekend were West Essex Reserves who ran out comfortable 4-1 winners against East Ham International. Goals from Jack Miles, Jakk Carver, George Wickings and Lloyd Renvoize were enough to see West up to fifth in the table.


In the game of the weekend in Division Two, two unbeaten records met with Ryan Reserves taking on Colebrook Royals Reserves in Chingford. It was the blues of Colebrook who came away victorious despite a strong start from Ryan with Ashley Somers scoring both goals in a 2-0 win to send his side top.

A side who took full advantage of the result between the leading sides was Forest Green who closed the gap on the top two to just two points following a 4-0 win at Chingford Harriers. Ricky Stewart scored twice with Marcel Destouche and Marlon Corbin also netting to continue Green’s remarkable form.

November will be a month to remember for Chigwell Rovers who have overseen an astonishing change in form this month with three consecutive victories after a winless first six matches. Their latest result saw them beat Inter Plaistow 5-2 with braces from Will Osmond and Bradley Wyatt along with a Sean Wyatt single winning the match. Rakeim Blaize and Tosin Blacky were the Plaistow scorers for their goals.

In the division’s other match, Old Barkabbeyans Reserves held Chingford Athletic Reserves to a draw as the sides finished level at 1-1 to home a point each. Klodan Meta was on target for Old Barks with Sean Clarke levelling things up for Chingford.


Royal Forest will also not forget November in too much of a hurry as a third win on four games saw them complete the league’s biggest win of the day. Samuel Taylor was the hero with a hat-trick with Kirk Hodgskin (2), Freddie Drew and Daniel Carrig also scoring as Forest ran out 7-1 winners over St Francis Reserves.

Another side scoring seven goals were Kitroom where hat-tricks from Justin Cummings and Lewis McCarthy, plus a goal from Denis Karmaj, led their side to a 7-3 win over Newham Royals.

Upminster Reserves are fourth in the table after they saw off Wanstead Warriors in a 4-1 win in Aveley. The win takes Upminster to within a point of third placed Custom House but from two extra matches.

Custom House had to settle for a share of the points away at Old Esthameians Reserves in Newbury Park as the sides finished level at 1-1. Shaun Vickers was on target for the E’s with Robert Wooster netting the Docker’s goal.

Other News Articles

Return to news list