WEEK 12 REVIEW: Weather takes it first match victims of the season

WEEK 12 REVIEW: Weather takes it first match victims of the season

For our latest news and updates, please enter your email address

Four matches this weekend fell victim to the wet weather as temperatures begin to drop around the country.

In the Fenton Cup, holders Chingford Athletic made safe passage through to the next round with an emphatic 11-0 win over Glendale with the self-proclaimed “Wall” seeing them to an eighth clean sheet in ten games. Michael Mignot bagged four goals with James Clarke also netting a hat-trick. Gary Murray’s double and strikes from Tom Pearce and David Livie completed the rout. Their reward is a quarter final at home against either Three Colts or Blue Marlin.

In the Premier Division, Jolof Sports Club stay top but were held to a 1-1 draw at home to London Falcons with Daniel Vearer on target for the visitors. The other game in the division saw St Francis pick up a crucial win at home to Buckhurst Hill Under 21s as David Fitzgerald scored the only goal of the game in a 1-0 win for the Saints with Lewis Waller the main claiming the cleansheet.

Forest Green picked up their first league win of the season in Division One as goals from Marcel Destouche and Jordan McGrath saw them to a 3-1 victory over sixth placed Chingford Harriers. Three Colts have gone level at the top of the league with a thumping 5-1 away win over St Johns Deaf despite Huseyin Er scoring for the home side. The win leaves Colts just four goals off of Grove United in top spot with both sides having won six from six.

The only game surviving in Division Two saw Custom House beat Chingford Athletic Reserves for the second time this season by the scoreline of 5-3. George Smith bagged himself a brace but Bradley Routledge took home the match ball with a hat-trick. In reply for Athletic, George Watmough grabbed himself a goal with Michael Boahene netting twice himself.

The delayed Essex Junior Trophy tie between Division One side, Cowley Community, and opponents Royal Oak saw the latter record a 1-0 win to end Cowley’s run in the competition.

Other News Articles

Return to news list